All kinds of cryptocurrencies are becoming more and more mainstream. While it would be a stretch to say that they’ve become more ubiquitous, it’s clear that more people are taking an interest in them. If you’ve been looking to dabble more in cryptocurrencies yourself, the digital platform known as Coinbase should be able to help you out.
This company that was founded in 2012 is now one of the leading digital cryptocurrency platforms available, due in large part to its reputation as one of the most secure and user-friendly options.
Why Should You Be Interested in Coinbase?
Taking advantage of the significant interest in cryptocurrencies at this time can be a smart move for you financially. However, if you’re late to the party, it can be a bit intimidating to jump in now.
What Coinbase does is present users with an intuitive and easy-to-grasp platform that gives them ample opportunity to get up to speed.
Are you not that interested in learning about the underlying technologies that make these cryptocurrencies go? That’s fine, you can still head on over to Coinbase and make good use of their services.
The number one reason you should be interested in Coinbase is because of how easy it is to use for the purposes of buying and selling cryptocurrencies. The platform itself is very organized and intuitive so you always have a clear idea of what you’re doing.
You have the option of using your bank account to buy and sell cryptocurrencies on Coinbase. Alternatively, users can also link their debit or credit cards to their accounts. Coinbase is a highly secure platform so there’s no reason to be afraid of linking your account.
Users can set scheduled buys to better manage their cryptocurrency investments.
Coinbase can also store your cryptocurrencies, and there is an option for you to keep them in a vault.
- User-friendly platform gives you a quick and concise overview of your cryptocurrency investments.
- Scheduled buys enable you to gradually increase your investment.
- Vault feature keeps your cryptocurrency investments well-guarded.
The one area where Coinbase is noticeably lacks is support. You’re simply not going to get much of it. The best you can do is to read up on the FAQs Coinbase provides or look up tutorials elsewhere.
Coinbase not offering enough support is a glaring oversight on their part.
Pros and Cons
Here are the pros and cons of using Coinbase for your cryptocurrency plans.
- It is one of the most intuitive cryptocurrency platforms and it’s also very welcoming to beginners.
- You’re gaining access to a fully regulated and licensed platform if you decide to use Coinbase.
- Scheduled buys can allow you to invest more at a pace you prefer.
- Coinbase’s vault feature is useful for keeping your cryptocurrencies secure.
- Coinbase does not offer much in the way of support.
- You don’t get direct access to your cryptocurrencies.
- Transactions can take a while if you opt to use your bank account.
Coinbase is a good option to consider if you’re just starting to dip your feet into the world of cryptocurrencies. It’s particularly useful for the purposes of buying and selling.
There are better options if you are looking for a platform that can store cryptocurrencies however.